- Application Security - HP Fortify Real-Time Analyzer
- Authentication – RSA SecurID
- Email Security – Cisco Systems IronPort email Security
- Endpoint Security – ESET Nod32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition
- Enterprise Firewalls – Cisco Systems Adaptive Security Appliances
- Identity and Access Management - IBM Identity Security Manager
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention – Juniper Networks IDP Series
- Network Access Control – Symantec Network Access Control
- Remote Access Control – Juniper Networks SA Series VPN Appliance
- Policy and Risk Management – VMware VCenter Compliance and Configuration
- SIEM – SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Vulnerability Manager XQualys Vulnerability Management
- Web Application Firewalls – FortiWeb 400C
- Web Security – Check Point Web Security Software Blade
Thursday, October 04, 2012
Information Security Reader’s Choice Awards - October 2012
Information Security has published their Reader’s Choice Awards. The article is in their October issue. Awards were given in fourteen different categories, gold, silver, and bronze. Twenty one hundred readers voted. It’s worthwhile accessing the article both to read the details about what readers liked about the products, to see who came in second and third, and to see which companies didn’t make the top three.
Voters for Information Security Readers Choice Awards are a bit more knowledgeable than your typical Facebook fan, who never met a like button they couldn’t click on.
Readers Choice Gold Medal Recipients
Bragging rights for the winners. Press release opportunities. Increased visibility for smaller companies. Something new to put on slide decks. Something to mention on the web site. It’s all good!
Methodology - Respondents were asked to rate only the products in use in their organization, and rate each product based on criteria specific to each category. For each criterion, respondents scored the product on a scale of one (poor) to five (excellent). In addition, each criterion was given a weighted percentage to reflect its importance in that category. Winners were based on the cumulative weighted responses for each product category criterion.